This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 1911. Could not register type library

1 reply to this topic

delvin

delvin
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 20:51

Need a little assistance please :-)...
Have built an installation package with InstallShield 11. If I release as a network image, the installer runs fine. When I build a Web based release, I continually get Error 1911.Could not register type library for file C:\WINDOWS\System32\dwspyvb6.dll. The application is a Database tool similar to Crystal Reports or Business Objects and the Desaware modules (dwspyvb6.dll, etc..) are utilized for detecting specific application events. I am ruling out an InstallShield issue as the network image works fine but hoping someone might be able to provide some insight on this. I was thinking that perhaps McAfee may have been swatting it as a falsely detected spyware attempt but I disabled McAfee and still get the same result. Does anyone have any suggestions?> any help would be greatly appreciated.

lavocat

lavocat
  • Full Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:13

Did you try "extract COM info" instead of "self register" method for dwspyvb6.dll?