This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SetupInterrupted

3 replies to this topic

jweber

jweber
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 15:39

I have a installation which essentially only configures some files, it really doesnt install anything. I've got it working pretty well, however after my last configuration dialog I send the user to SetupCompleteSuccess. When they select finish on the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog box the SetupInterrupted dialog appears.

Any ideas how I can stop the SetupInterrupted dialog from appearing.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 18:37

The SetupCompleteSuccess dialog will be displayed automatically at the end of your installation (if it was successful).

jweber

jweber
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 19:39

Well, I know what you mean, but its not true in this case. The installation has no files to install, nor components, etc. Picture This....

Configuration Dialog A -> Next ->
Configuration Dialog B -> Next - >
SetupCompleteSuccess -> Finish
??? SetupInterrupted....

I have to tie the SetupCompleteSuccess to an event or it will never ever be called. After it is called however, SetupInterrupted is called. I can kill SetupInterrupted by assigning it a condition which never is true, however that kills the users ability to cancel the installation.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:59

When you exit the last wizard dialog, your setup should enter the execution phase (which does more or less nothing, except registering it in Add/Remove Programs), and then the Complete dialog should appear.

However your setup probably not only needs to display configuration dialogs but also store those settings somewhere (in registry for instance) which will be performed during the execute sequence.

BTW a Windows Installer setup might be a bit overkill for your purpose.