This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Software Giveaways: MSDN Premium, SnagIt

No replies to this topic

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 16:29

I've got some software licenses that I plan to give away to members of the community:

One-year subscription of MSDN Premium with Visual Studio Team Suite (provided by Microsoft Corp). MSDN Premium includes:
  • Operating systems, servers, office applications etc. which you can use for development and testing purposes
  • Additionally one license of Office 2007 Ultimate for general use. Besides the typical office applications Office Ultimate also includes Publisher, InfoPath, OneNote, Project, Sharepoint Designer, Groove, and Visio.
  • Visual Studio Team System 2008
  • 4 technical support incidents

You'll receive updates to these products during the one year subscription. After the year you can continue to use these products even if you don't renew (but you won't receive any more updates). I consider MSDN an essential resource for any developer on Windows. More about MSDN. I'm very excited because this is a quite valuable gift: the retail price for MSDN Premium is approximately $11,000 !

SnagIt (provided by TechSmith Corp.). SnagIt is a powerful screen capture, editing and annotation tool. It captures graphics, text, automatically scrolls web pages and can preserve hyperlinks in web screenshots (or add your own hotspots) using Flash. I'm using SnagIt frequently to add screenshots to my forum posts. You'll receive a perpetual license for SnagIt 9 which includes minor updates for all 9.x versions. More about SnagIt. The regular price of SnagIt is approximately $50.

Nomination and drawing

If you know someone who should receive one of these licenses as a reward for his or her contributions to the installer community, please send an e-mail to giveaway@installsite.org . You are also welcome to nominate yourself. Please include the person's contact information and describe why you nominated him or her. I will then contact the nominees to confirm whether they agree to the rules of this giveaway, and which software they would like to receive if they get selected (for instance someone may already have a MSDN subscription and therefore prefer SnagIt).

The deadline for nominations is 31 August 2008.

If there are more candidates than available software packages the winners will be selected based on their community contributions and a random drawing.

Everyone may participate. Void where prohibited by law. The final decision will be made in my sole discretion and is non-disputable. All costs like taxes, customs or whatever are your responsibility. I will not be responsible for items lost in the mail. The name, location (city, state, country) and information about community activities of the candidates and winners may be published (please let me know if you don't want your information published).

The software is intended for your own use, it is not for resale (NFR). The license agreements of the respective software apply.