This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MSI can't find files in manually-created CAB's?

1 reply to this topic

rmalsch

rmalsch
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:50

I've used both IExpress and MakeCab to create CAB files for my installation. The source files use long filenames, but only about 12 characters each or so.

Each time I create a CAB, either through IExpress or MakeCab, I get the following error: Error 1334. The file 'ENU_blahblah.htm' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file 'Lang1033.cab'. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

Note that I get this with both the InstallShield and Wise runtimes. If I compress the CAB from within either package, I haven't had a problem reading files out of the CAB. If I open the CAB in WinRAR, it looks fine, and identical to the same CAB built from within IS or Wise.

Can someone tell me what's going on? Is there some trick to compressing or indicating file paths with either IExpress or MakeCab to make MSI happy?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 14:01

Does the file sequence in your CAB match the sequence you specified in the MSI?