This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Where is the PackageCcode stored in the MSI?

2 replies to this topic

Dave I

Dave I
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 June 2002 - 18:16

I am automated our patch build procedure and obviously each patch requires a unique GUID but I cant find where it is stored.  I can see it in the General Information->Summary Information Stream.

While I am at it does anyone know where installscripts are stored?

In InstallShield 5.5 if I just made a script change I just changed the setp.ins file and all was good but I dont know whether ISWI puts this either.

Cheers,
A lost Dave

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 July 2002 - 15:51

changing the GUID for a package can also be accomplished by using the MSIInfo.EXE from the Intel SDK for the MSI. ( rather than installing ORCA and using it to edit the tables )

the format i used to change the GUID for the ORCA MSI file is below:

msiinfo orca.msi /v {8B7871E3-8FFD-11P5-BA20-0060B0A18416}

where {8B7871E3-8FFD-11P5-BA20-0060B0A18416} is the new package code you want assigned to the product.  Just specifying the MSIInfo and .MSI file will dump the results of all of the summary information from a MSI to screen.

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 17 July 2002 - 06:22

You can also use the Windows Installer API calls. You will have to open the SummaryStream and query that.