This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Automated Build using ISBUILD

3 replies to this topic

rajkulkarni

rajkulkarni
  • Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 20:47

Is there any to avoid the nested directory structure that is created when using "ISBUILD"? I don't want the directories, "Disk Images", and "Disk1" created when I am doing automated builds.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 01:22

I've not used the ISBUILD functionality before, but you could try changing your media to call a batch file afterwards to move the files to the desired location.
user posted image

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 14:43

we do such automated builds with is5.1.

you can use a link to a temporary folder instead of all the file links is5 needs dry.gif

start some batch file, that copies all files needed into this temp dir, then make sure you have set the INCLUDE variable for rul und h files, run "compile." to do a fresh compile of the seupt script, start "isbuild" with parameters -m"%media name%" -p"%path to project%" and -b"%target folder", you can use >> isbuild.rpt to generate a report.

added: before using isbuild, we had to run many setup builds with little variation ... now we start one batch file, that runs all the setup builds. none of them is forgotten anymore, all are sorted into a target folder structure ... with one click wink.gif

Edited by Perotin, 17 September 2004 - 14:48.

Gruß / regards
Thomas

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 15:01

Not 100% sure about this, but I think I saw a "Enable shallow folder structure" flag in Installshield Developer 7, maybe there is such a flag in your release too?
Regards
-Stein Åsmul