This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Creating a Program Folder dialog box in basic msi

1 reply to this topic

Jayakumar

Jayakumar
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2002 - 09:21

I have a Installshield Developer ver 7.0. Using the dialog editor i created a sample install script having seven dialogs. One of the dialogs has a list box and and edit box. The list box should have a list of all the program folders where the application shortcuts icons can appear. The edit box has the name of the folder chosen.
My problem is as follows:
1) How to create such a dialog
2) How to display the program folder list in the dialog
3) How to select the folder from the program folder list and display it in the edit box.
4) How to use this value for subsequent processing like creating the directory of that name in the setup.rul

would be extremely grateful for your help.

BRY

BRY
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 May 2002 - 11:38

I'm trying to do the same thing at the moment.

I also need to know how to (automatically?) get the existing Program Folders into the list box.

I do know that to get whatever you choose from the list box to appear in the edit box, you need to have both of the controls using the same property.

Therefore, if you have the information chosen in a property, you should be able to use the value of that property later on in your scripting or whatever.
Bryan Dickson
[br]Senior Software Engineer
[br]Fugro-UDI Limited