This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

install hangs at runtime

3 replies to this topic

BRY

BRY
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 May 2002 - 10:22

Hi there,

I've been trying everything thing I can think of, but nothing seems to work.

Every time I run my basic install, it goes through all my dialogs ok (including some custom dialogs), and then displays the "ReadyToInstall" dialog.

When I press the key to install, it shows the "InstallProgress" dialog, and correctly installs the items.

However, it always hangs (with no error) before it displays the "SetupCompleteSuccess" dialog.

Are there any obvious things I should check and look for?
Has anyone else seen this?

Any help appreciated, as this is very frustrating!
Bryan Dickson
[br]Senior Software Engineer
[br]Fugro-UDI Limited

pdriley

pdriley
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 May 2002 - 13:56

Do a verbose log ("/l*v logname.txt") and see which Action it's hanging on.
Paul Riley (Vector Networks), InstallShield User.

BRY

BRY
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 May 2002 - 15:56

Thanks for your help.

It turns out that somehow, the "SetupCompleteSuccess" dialog was missing from my installation sequence.

This was also the case with the "MaintenanceWelcome" dialog.

I must have removed them by mistake.

I found this by creating a brand new Basic project and comparing it against my project.

Would these dialogs go missing from the sequence if I had deleted them from the project, and then re-inserted them?

Thanks again.
Bryan Dickson
[br]Senior Software Engineer
[br]Fugro-UDI Limited

pdriley

pdriley
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 May 2002 - 18:23

I knew I'd had a similar problem in the past but I couldn't remember what, I just knew that as soon aas I did a verbose log, it was all clear.

I remember now that I'd gone and accidentally renumbered these dialogs in the UI Sequence (by inserting CustomActions at the top and moving them down).

I don't know what you've done, but if it's fixed I find the best approach is to not ask too many questions :)
Paul Riley (Vector Networks), InstallShield User.