This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Dialogs in a Merge Module

2 replies to this topic

Mark Milne

Mark Milne
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2002 - 17:17

I've been playing around with a merge module for a couple of days now and I haven't been able to create a dialog that appears in the host installer (MSI). Wise support says it can't be done but I've seen mention of it in this forum (with no explicit instructions though). Any help would be appreciated.

Lynette White

Lynette White
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2002 - 05:41

In InstallShield Developer 7.03 you can create Dialogs and Custom Actions in the merge module file.

My question, which is similar to yours, is how do you schedule them so they are actually used in the final built install kit?

Problem is the Basic Setup .ism file can't see the custom actions or dialogs that are in the merge module, until after it is built into a .msi file and they are not scheduled.

I would like to have a merge module automatically schedule the dialogs and custom actions it contains, when it is added to the .ism file.

Any ideas?

Lynette

Lynette White

Lynette White
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2002 - 06:06

I have just found the answer :D  to scheduling CAs in a merge module, use the ModuleInstallExecuteSequence Table. For more details see: hteichert's reply to the post, 'Associating Custom Actions with a feature' in the form: InstallShield Developer 7 - Basic MSI Projects.

I hope it works, as I am yet to try it!

Lynette