This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

debugger not working!!!

1 reply to this topic

skimura

skimura
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2002 - 01:18

I have an install project created with InstallShield 6.31, that has been working fine for a long time.  My problem is that last week, when I added a new rul file with new functions and tried to step through the installation with the debugger, it started pointing to a line in a completely different file and location.  I've tried deleting the .dbg and .inx files from the Scripts folder and compiling and rebuilding, but it does not work.  Also, when I try to run the script, it does not run the new functions that I just added.  I even tried with a simple function that displays a MessageBox().  But, this does not get displayed.
I also tried opening the .rul files with Microsoft Word and saving them as "Text only with line breaks" as described in one of the knowledge base pages, but that did not work either.
I also tried uninstalling InstallShield Professional and reinstalling it again.

Now the strange thing is that when I change the language setting of the media build to German, then it suddenly starts working (both the debugging and the execution).

Can anyone help, please?  I am getting very desperate and frustrated...

thanks,
Silvia K.

skimura

skimura
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2002 - 23:59

I found what was causing the problem, I had an old setup.inx file included in my setup Files->English->Operating System Independend folder.  So, when the installer extracted the files, it would overwrite the correct setup.inx with this one, so the lines and functions would be all mixed up.

Silvia K.