This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 1601

1 reply to this topic

clareb22

clareb22
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 11:58

When I tried to generate a patch, I got to the point where is was trying to decompress the MSI.  Basically the area it was trying to expand to had run out of space, hence I received this error.  However, when I made enough space available the error would still appear and my machine would hang.

clareb22

clareb22
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 12:01

After several reboots the error was still appearing.  So I decided to run a checkdisk.  The check disk bought up 2 issues 1 with msiexec.dll and 1 with msisip.dll.

I then finished checkdisk and defragged the partition.  After this I then still got the error.  I then tried to run the MSI.  I received a message that said the MSIEXEC file couldn't be found.  I went to C:\Winnt\System32 and noticed both the msiexe and the msisip dll's where missing.  I copied these over from another machine and now the patch generatoin works perfectly.
Many thanks[br]Clare