This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Removing a patch

2 replies to this topic

Phil

Phil
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2001 - 13:34

Is it possible ?
I need to find out a way of allowing an applied patch to be removed, but I am not too sure how possible this is in light of some things I've read:

http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/webcasts/wc090800/WCT090800.asp

In particular this part of the Web Cast:
Heidi Okay. Next in line: After a patch is deployed, can you safely remove it without having to remove and reinstall the entire product?
Katie I think that’s a very good question. The answer to that is no. After a patch is applied, in order to remove that patch, you have to remove the entire application, and then reinstall the application without the patch. There is not a way to roll back what the patch has done.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 June 2001 - 16:23

Katie's answer is quite clear, isn't it?
The only other option I can think of would be another patch that would patch the file back to it's original content. Or at least removes the applied patch GUID from the database, so it will not be re-applied after a reinstall. But still removing the patched file and reinstalling the application would be required.