This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Pass info to/from web during install

1 reply to this topic

schworak

schworak
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 17:36

I have this idea....

Currently users of my software can register on the web and download their registration key any time they need it.

I would like to add to my install the ability to collect their information (the email address and password in this case) and automatically download the registration key (all encoded text) at the time of the install.

Any ideas?

Basically, I need to call up a web page using a GET and then all the information returned needs to be gathered by the installer and stored in a property variable (one line of text).

Thanks for any help!

schworak

schworak
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 19:49

I figured it out if anyone cares. This works prety good (in testing at least). Not sure why I didn't think of it right away, I have launched IE for the user to see in other installs, this time I am simply keeping it hidden.

function WebTest()
 on error resume next
 set IE = CreateObject("internetexplorer.application")
 if err=0 then
   IE.Navigate "http://www3.cbs.stat...t.cfm?testing=" & session.Property("USERTEXT")
   do while IE.Busy
     ' Wait for IE
   loop
   if err=0 then
     txt=split(IE.Document.Body.InnerText,vbcrlf)
     if err=0 then
       msgbox txt(0)
       session.Property("WEBREPLY")= text(0)
     else
       msgbox "awwhh.."
     end if
   end if
 end if
 IE.quit
 set IE = nothing
end function