This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Order of entries in Behaviour Tab

3 replies to this topic

Dave I

Dave I
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 August 2001 - 08:03

I have placed 4-5 entries on the Next button of a dialog. could someone please confirm the order in which they should be executed.  Here is the order:

6        NewDialog               DestinationFolder  1
5        NewDialog               dlgPassFail            PASSOK="FALSE"  
4       DoAction                 CheckPass            1    
3        DoAction                 _LastDialogSet      1            
2       [LASTDIALOG]     dlgprevious            1
1        [OPTION]              [DefaultOption]       1

Is there a some sort of precedence where properties are set first then DoActions,etc.  I was under the impression that the actions where executed bottom to top.
The numbers on the right indicated the order that I need the actions to execute.

Thanks In Advance.
Dave

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 17 August 2001 - 09:34

ISWI executes top to bottom.  When new control events are created ISWI generates the ordering field of the ControlEvent table from top to bottom

If the ordering field is present events are evaluated low to high.

If the ordering field is not present then exection depends on the conditions.   I think it is unsafe not to define the ordering if the ordering matters.  

ISIW alwayts defines ordering when you create a new control event.  However there are a few old InstallShield
dialogs that do not define ordering.  Take a look at the ControlEvent table using ORCA.

Dave I

Dave I
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 August 2001 - 10:48

Ian, I would have liked ISWI to have added the "ordering" field from the ControlEvent Table but they havent.

After further investigation I have found that if multiple entries are TRUE then the entry with the highest order value is executed first.  

As ISWI does not specify but looking at the .msi in orca
then the first event is given the order 1, the second 2, etc.  Therefore the last action should be executed 1st if more than one condition is TRUE as the will have the highest order.  

My problem is that this is not the case.  Refering to my behavior example below event 4 is being called before event 1.

Has this behaviour field be improved in Developer 7?

Thanks,
Dave