This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Action Texts vs SdShowMsg

3 replies to this topic

MetinSenkal

MetinSenkal
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 October 2001 - 18:39

Hi All,

I'm using ISWI2.03, in our setup package we create some databases on the target server, during this process, i display messages as follows:

SdShowMsg("Creating databases, please wait",TRUE);
Enable(HOURGLASS);
LaunchAppAndWait(....);
Disable(HOURGLASS);
SdShowMsg("",FALSE);

It seems fine, but user is capable to change active window from these dialogs(SdShowMsg dialog which prints above texts) to the SetupProgress Dialog. And when s/he changes active window, SdShowMsg dialogs' names aren't visible on the Toolbar.  How can I disable the user to change the focus on SetupProgress Dialog.

Or instead of displaying above messages in a new dialog by using SdShowMsg, is it possible to add them into progress bar? If so, how can I do that?

Thanks,
Metin SENKAL

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 October 2001 - 10:06

You can add custom actions to the progress bar. Go to the Power Editor -> ActionText. Add a new entry with the name of your custom action (as inserted in the sequence view) in the first column, your display text in the second column, and [1] in the third column. YOu may not even need to use InstallScript because you can launch an executable as a custom action.

MetinSenkal

MetinSenkal
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 October 2001 - 16:02

Thx Stefan,

I've done as you said, it works for some custom actions.  I have two sql script files used by _LaunchAppEx which I've downloaded from the site , first one creates databases and second one removes. Well I put removeSQL after CostFinalize, and createSQL after WriteEnvironmentStrings both works fine. And I add them into ActionText as you said. It displays "Creating db..." in progress bar but does not display  "Removing db...". By the way, createSQL is deferred execution, but RemoveSQL is immediate. Does it matter? If not, why doesn't it display for some actions...

Metin Senkal

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 October 2001 - 17:23

Only deferred execution actions will be displayed on the progress bar. Any action that modifies the target system should be deferred (because only those can be rolled back if setup is aborted)