This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problems with the response file and the silent mode

1 reply to this topic

Christian Peter

Christian Peter
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2001 - 22:02

Hi,

i am working with IS Multiplatform Professional 4.01 on Windows NT 4.0. I have built a well working setup but it has to be attended. We need a silent setup in order to add it to a protocol (AMO) in which the installation is wrapped. So I tried to create a response file by the command line with :

c:\directory\setup.exe - r
c:\directory\setup.exe \ r

and it didn´t work. Isn´t that command right ?
What irritates me that the setup.exe with these conditions starts, the java.exe runs up on up to 9mb in the memory and then it stops immediately. Without the .iss-file i can´t run in silent mode as i read but how should i go for the response file ?
Does anybody have an idea for me ?

Thanks a lot,

Blake Miller Wonder

Blake Miller Wonder
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 June 2001 - 00:11

I know this might sound silly, but try not to separate the 'r' from the '-'.  Use '-r' instead of '- r' and try it again.  I think it is not seeing that as a flag when the space is in there.

Also, check your drive for any other setup.iss files and make sure they are not read-only or anything strange that would prevent a new setup.iss from being written.