This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Version check before installing

1 reply to this topic

Ashwin D R

Ashwin D R
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2001 - 15:03

When I start the install program created using install shile 6* prof edition,The first dialog box that comes is
"Location to save files".Then the dialog comes witha message "Data1.cab already exist " .Do you want to relace the yes ,yestoall and the other option .Then the OnBigin() function is called .I want to check the version and tell the user that the version existing is new or old ,and if the version existing is old than i want to tell the user to first to uninstall the old verision and install the new version .Can somebody tell how to do this or which is function called before onbegin()

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 27 November 2001 - 19:38

Why don't you just write a routine at the very first of onbegin?

"I want to check the version and tell the user that the version existing is new or old ,and if the version existing is old than i want to tell the user to first to uninstall the old verision and install the new version ."

OnBegin()
Begin
 // basically something like this
 if (CheckVersion() <= @CURRENT_VERSION) then
   MessageBox("Old version:  Uninstall first...
   exit;
 else
   MessageBox("Newer version already installed"
 endif;

// rest of your onbegin stuff follows