This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How do I do nested installation?

1 reply to this topic

wkt

wkt
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 09:28

unsure.gif I guess this is a very basic question, But I am not able to do it. So kindly gimme ur inputs.

I need to install JDK and then MSDE along with my files.
Earlier, the setup used to automaticall install JDK (??!!)
Enable(SELFREGISTERBATCH); is called there. Now I am upgrading the setup, so that it also installs MSDE component.

I expected the "Enable(SELFREGISTERBATCH);" to do the trick tongue.gif, but it doesnt work.

I had tried to include MSDE object into the IS project and I wanted control in the code to check if any SQL servers are running. Only if none of the SQL servers/engines are installed, I need to install the MSDE.
I dont now where to control the MSDE object installation. No matter what check I have put, it continues installing the MSDE and fails.
So I created another wrapper setup.exe independantly and NOW, I want to run this wrapper and the JDK installation...

Could someone please help me??

Many thanks for your time.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 16:02

Enable(SELFREGISTERBATCH) wíll not install anything. It enables the batch mode for self registration. And it's not used in BasicMSI projects, so you probably posted in the wrong forum.
Please try to find out which product and project type you are using, then post in the correct forum. Or better: before posting, look at the help file, where Enable(SELFREGISTERBATCH) is documented. Hint: you may be looking for LaunchAppAndWait.