This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to get path

2 replies to this topic

SwatiBansal

SwatiBansal
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 05:47

Hi all,
I am creating a basic MSI project. I need to register few exes and dlls which are located on the target system. But i donot know the path to those.

I know the SOURCEDIR path from where my .msi will be executed and my exes etc will be situated a folder above this path. e.g. if my msi is being executed from C:\ABC\MSI\abc.msi then my exes will be situated in C:\ABC\XYZ.

How can i use this path and how can i find it. Please help. i have no idea how to go about it. How can i take one folder above the SOURCEDIR path.

Urgent help required. Please help.

Swati

antyagi

antyagi
  • Full Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 05:51

String Manipulation..

If 'SOURCEDIR' is 'C:\ABC\XYZ' truncate all the text after last '\' and you are done.
  ankur tyagi

SwatiBansal

SwatiBansal
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 06:05

hi,
Thanx a lot for the reply.

But while making the MSI I m using the path as SOURCEDIR. and i am not sure that it will be C:\ABC\XYZ. So i just have SOURCEDIR property with me. Then how can i manipulate it.

how can i tell my MSI that the exes is at the path C:\ABC\Install using the SOURCEDIR path.

The path can be anything. It could even be in any drive, any folder. So how to go about it.

Thanx in advance for help.

Swati