This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Unhandled Exception

3 replies to this topic

MSISupport

MSISupport
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 September 2001 - 16:05

Hello all,

We have experienced this error message with a some of our customers. We use I.S. 6.1 for our installer. All of our customers (10) use Win9x and each have a different computer configuration (Hardware/Software).

I have tried using the DosExecProg and that didn't work. We deleted the I.S folder in the Common Files folder and the items in the Temp folder. Neither worked.

I will be testing out I.S. "Registry Theory" in the next few days with a customer. I hope to have good news soon.

Thanks,

Angelo C

MSISupport

MSISupport
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2001 - 19:49

Well, sorry about the delay.
We had a new release of our software which uses a different version of I.S. I was hoping that our newer release would fix the problem before diving into our customer's registry. Then of course we had a visitor by the name of Nimda. We still have not been able to get our software installed on Win 98 machines..
Unfortunatly after deleting the I.S. folder (under Common Files) and cleaning the Windows\Temp folder, the installer gave up the error message. I also had the customer remove the I.S. under Windows\Downloaded Internet Files and that had no change.
I then tried the 'Registry Solution'  (posted under: InstallShield's Investigation Results ) the location was almost the same. However, when we peeked into the "User Shell Folders' there were nothing there, except the 'Default' entry.  I then went to "Shell Folders" and found some entries similar to the ones under the Win NT that Mr Kruger had written about earlier.
We found:

Common AppData
Common Desktop
Common Startup

The customer did not have the  "Personal" on her machine but I did on another machine. I had her add that key and we still received the erroe. I seached around in the registry for other similar keys but couldnt find any. Also, the values she had were pointing to the correct location.

We are stuck again.....Does the afore mentioned solution only apply to Win NT machines? If so, is there an alternate solution for Win 98 users? Any help or insight is greatly appreciated....

Thanks for your time,,

MSI Support
Angelo C

(Edited by MSISupport at 3:39 pm on Oct. 2, 2001)

berch

berch
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 10:40

well simply extract vb6 runtime to temp. folder..
boot to dos prompt and copy at least oleaut32.dll do windows\system directory

THATS IT :)

MSISupport

MSISupport
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 21:36

Thanks for the reply berch. We will try it out.