This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Which is the sequence in the Uninstall?

1 reply to this topic

GabrielDR

GabrielDR
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 18:11

I have needed to control events in the uninstall (MSI project) and profit not to hit upon in which it starts off must go my "Personal Events", The lot of the times, not even it enters the event, and others it enters in a moment or very tardio. could you Indicate the sequence that Installshield 10,5 (and I suppose that other versions in general) uses in a project MSI when uninstall itself? Thanks.
huh.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 09:26

Install and uninstall both use the same sequences, which is the InstallUI sequence and the InstallExecute sequence. However if (un-)install is performed in silent mode or in basic UI mode, the InstallUI sequence is skipped completely. If you launch the uninstall from the Add/Remove Programs control panel, uninstall runs in basic UI mode, therefore only the InstallExecute sequence is executed in this case. Which action will actually take place in these sequences can be controlled by conditions, such as
Installed
or
Not Installed
or
REMOVE~="ALL"