This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

All files are being updated in a patch

4 replies to this topic

afriedman

afriedman
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 21:55

I have my 9.0 version of my install and created a 9.0.1 install and the only change it contained is 2 new custom actions.

When I applied the patch msiexec.exe /p, the progress dialog shows that all the files are being installed when actually there aren't any changes to the files.

First, are all the files actually being installed, and secondly, is there a way to get around this?

Thanks for your help

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 04:16

I dont not have that much experience with patches, but try running with log mode turned on and see what is happening. Windows Installer might just be checking the files against the patch.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 05:41

Have you by any chance disabled the file hash creation or are you using a lot of dynamically linked components?
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 08:53

Are you setting REINSTALL=ALL? This might be an event on the Next button of oyur PatchWelcome dialog.

afriedman

afriedman
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 19:34

I am using the msiHash Table and am launching the patch msiexec.exe /p patch.msp. I am not setting REINSTALL=ALL.

When I checked the log, the components were set to

Installed = Local
Request = Local
Action = Local

The features are set to

Installed = Local
Request = Reinstall
Action = Reinstall