InstallShield 2014 has been released. New and improved features in this version include:
- Install web applications to Microsoft® Azure™ and Microsoft IIS using Microsoft Web Deploy – With new support for Microsoft Web Deploy, Suite/Advanced UI installations give your customers the flexibility to deploy web applications to their choice of infrastructure—local machines, remote servers in the data center or Microsoft Azure in the cloud.
- Design DPI-Aware Installations – All InstallShield project types are now DPI-aware, ensuring an optimized user experience when your customers install software on high-DPI devices.
- Check for the Latest Setup Every Time an Installation is Run – Suite/Advanced UI installations can automatically check for the latest version of a setup any time the installation is run, including from the installation’s maintenance mode, making it simpler for users to find, download, and install your latest product releases.
- Upgrade Multi-instance Installations – Develop upgrades that can detect the presence of multiple instances of a product on target systems, providing end-users with options to select the instance to upgrade. Now supports both major and minor upgrades.
- Provision Virtual Machines from the InstallShield IDE for Testing Installation – Reduce testing time and eliminate manual steps by automatically provisioning virtual machines: choose test image snapshots, power on virtual machines, and stage setups directly from the InstallShield IDE. Supports VMware® vSphere, VMware Workstation, and Microsoft Hyper-V®.
For more information see:
Customers with an active maintenance plan can get the new version free of charge. Owners of InstallShield 2012*, 2012 Spring or 2013 can upgrade at a reduced price. *Upgrade pricing from InstallShield 2012 ends on July 31, 2014.
You can purchase Installshield 2014 from the InstallSite Shop http://www.installsi...stallshield.htm