This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Passing a paramter through file association?

2 replies to this topic

Torben

Torben
  • Full Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 12:39

Hi,

I' using WISE 7.0 and have created a file association which means, that particular files will be opened by an EXE included in my setup. This works fine. But I want additionally pass a parameter, so that my EXE starts the file using it.

My argument in the command verb area looks like this:

/NOLOG "%1"

I've attached an image, replace the "_". [EDIT] Is it not possible to upload my Image? [/EDIT]

Can anybody please help me?

Thank you,
Torben

Edited by Torben, 06 February 2008 - 12:40.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 13:46

I never use Wise's 'File Association' feature as it's been too flaky for me in the past and it's now just habit for me to avoid it.

Use a lightweight snapshotting tool (I use Ziff-Davis's In Control - Google for nCtrl5.ZIP) , simply to avoid doing another capture which would be overkill for something so simple, and make the association. Then simply add the registry changes recorded to a .REG file and import that into the registry.

Edited by VBScab, 06 February 2008 - 13:47.

- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

Torben

Torben
  • Full Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:26

Thank you very much for your answer.

Regards,
Torben