This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

custom Dialog

5 replies to this topic

michalInstall

michalInstall
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 15:03

I opened a sqlLogin dialog by adding a sql query under the sqlScript

Then in the "Custom Actions and sequence" i found the dialogs that i use- already there with the sqlLogin inside (without me creating that)

Now i want to add another custom dialog (with text boxes that i create ) , the user should enter information and that info should be inserted to another table
with another sqlScript.

How do i control the dialog sequence? ( it does not let me add or move any of the dialogs in my installation sequence)

How do i link the new sql script to the this new custom dialog now?

i am new to installshield and need a detailed guidness.

Thanks
Michal

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 20:11

When you right-click in dialogs view (not actions and sequences) you can add custom dialogs. To insert them in a sequence oyu essentially have to adjust the NewDialog action on the "Next" button of the preceding dialog, and on the "Back" button of the following dialog.
Handling SQL Scripts is done using custom actions. Do you need connect to multiple SQL servers?

michalInstall

michalInstall
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:16

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2011-02-28 20:11)
When you right-click in dialogs view (not actions and sequences) you can add custom dialogs. To insert them in a sequence oyu essentially have to adjust the NewDialog action on the "Next" button of the preceding dialog, and on the "Back" button of the following dialog.
Handling SQL Scripts is done using custom actions. Do you need connect to multiple SQL servers?

What i need to do is:
first Dialog:
connect to a database (this step i did throgh the server config-sqlscripts)

second Dialog:
form with textboxes - the user should enter details and it should be inserted to a table in the DB we connected before.

this time i dont know - if i want to use the customer information DIALOG and just edit the form for my usage , and i want it to be after the sql login, the opption to move down is disabled (see attached file).??

the third Dialog - should also run a script to enter another data to the db.
( i tried to open a new sql dialog in the dialogs list but it did not give me the servers list /db names in run time)
How do i create a new dialog that should run sql script from the dialog lists?
Thanks
Michal

Attached Images

• Capture.PNG

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 16:17

opption to move down is disabled (see attached file)
That's probably because there's a branch or conditions that are too complicated for the simple "move up/down" option.
Go to the SQLLogin dialog, edit Behaviour, select the "Next" button, change the target of the NewDialog event to be your text box dialog.

michalInstall

michalInstall
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:06

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2011-03-01 16:17)
opption to move down is disabled (see attached file)
That's probably because there's a branch or conditions that are too complicated for the simple "move up/down" option.
Go to the SQLLogin dialog, edit Behaviour, select the "Next" button, change the target of the NewDialog event to be your text box dialog.

Thank you .
I have some progress.

Another question please :

I added few edit fields to the text box dialog and i entered properties for them,
now - how do i take the value of these fields and transfer to the Db?
I tried using the conditions / event /sqlScript but i am not sure exactly how..

Thank you
Michal

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 18:33

Go to SQL Scriopts view. Select your SQL Connection and under it your sql script. Go to the text replacement tab. There you can add replacements, so you can replace some placeholder text in your sql script with a proeprty value.