This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Extra Dialogs

3 replies to this topic

SpIkE007

SpIkE007
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2002 - 06:57

Hi, just wondering if anyone could help me out here.
I'm trying to add extra screens to capture extra information required for my program.
For example, I've made a new dialog which asks the
user to enter a location on the drive for the results to be stored. (It's a text field).  How do I capture this information and write it into the system registry.
Thanks
Tony

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 January 2002 - 15:40

Hey Tony,

Here is one way to accomplish that goal.  When you add the Text Field to the dialog you will notice that there are a series of properties available for that text box.  One of the properties for the text box is called 'Property'.  Make the value for this Property property something like [MYREGVALUE].  

Then you can simply go to the Registry Data section on any of your components to be installed and create the reg keys you need.  Once the keys are created, create a String Value, then for its value data put in the text [MYREGVALUE].  

During the installation the text box value will be written to the registry while your components are installing.

Good Luck,

Kurt

kc

kc
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 January 2002 - 10:19

Kurt,
I am designing a installer to accept user input via a custom dialog. however, i would like to pass the control back to CA to verify the inputs. If the inputs satisty certain requirement, the installation proceed. Else a dialog pops up asking the user the key in the correct value.

How do i pass the control back to CA after the NEXT button is pressed?

How do i call the second dialog if the inputs do not meet predefined criteria?

Thanks for your help.

KC

JoeThompson

JoeThompson
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 February 2002 - 03:17

For the "Next" buttons events, add one that calls the CA.  Make it first in the list with a condition of 1 (always fires when Next is clicked).  Have the custom action set a property (say PASSEDTEST) to 0 or 1.  For the condition of the "Next" button event that actually has NewDialog, set the condition to PASSEDTEST = 1.  This way the screen won't change unless the CA sets PASSEDTEST to 1.  Also, you can have your CA display a message box with an error if the test fails.

Hope this helps,
Joe