This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MSDE 2000 SP3, Windows 98, Error 1723

1 reply to this topic

giancarlo

giancarlo
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 17:03

Hello All!!!!

When trying to install MSDE 2000 SP3 via its merge modules on a clean Windows 98 machine that does not have any version of MDAC installed, I get the following error:

Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

The log file for my setup states the following:

Action start 9:52:59: StreamSupportFiles.2D02443E_7002_4C0B_ABC9_EAB2C064397B.
Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. A
ction StreamSupportFiles.2D02443E_7002_4C0B_ABC9_EAB2C064397B, entry: StreamSupportFiles, library: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\MSI43B0.TMP
Action ended 9:53:01: StreamSupportFiles.2D02443E_7002_4C0B_ABC9_EAB2C064397B. Return value 3.

If I install MDAC prior to running the install, the install works fine. Therefore, I have come to the conclusion, correct or incorrect, that the custom action StreamSupportFiles makes use of MDAC and/or one or more of its components, although this seems odd, since, according to the one and only other post I've found and read that somewhat explains the purpose of this custom action, SteamSupportFiles's purpose is to extract files into a temporary directory, which will then be used by other custom actions.

I'm 99.99% certain that the problem has nothing to do with my installation package since I get the same error when I try to install MSDE 2000 SP3 via the setup.exe bootstrapper provided by Microsoft. Also, I'm 99.99% certain the this problem is specific to MSDE 2000 SP3, since the MSDE 2000 SP2 setup.exe bootstrapper provided by Microsoft works fine.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Does anyone know a workaround?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

dbareis

dbareis
  • Full Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 06:42

Hi,

If I install MDAC prior to running the install, the install works fine. Therefore, I have come to the conclusion, correct or incorrect, that the custom action StreamSupportFiles makes use of MDAC and/or one or more of its components

It seems more likely to me that it is failing trying to install MDAC, but I don't really know....

Bye,
Dennis
---
Dennis Bareis (dbareis@No.Spam.gmail.com)
Free MSI update/creation tool (MAKEMSI):
http://users.cyberon...eis/makemsi.htm