This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MASKEDEDIT

4 replies to this topic

jetgeek

jetgeek
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 01:41

Ok, I about surfed-out on this issue...

Can somebody PLEASE tell me how this MaskedEdit contorl in a basic MSI project is suppose to work properly to have the CAPITALIZATION work properly?

Yes, I have tried the ES_UPPERCASE attribute--no success.

Do I have to build my own dialog in C++ or worse, use the script to do all of my dialogs [ blink.gif ]???

Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated!
jetgeek

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 17:16

I don't think you can do this in the edit field. You would have to use a custom action that converts the string to upper case later.

jetgeek

jetgeek
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 21:10

ph34r.gif
Stefan,

Hey, actually, I made a custom DLL action that gets called by the previous button NEXT that gives the HANDLE of the calling window and then sits and waits as long as the installshield msidialog window is up...once it finds our SERIAL # pattern {STATIC w/ decend EDIT STATIC(-) EDIT STATIC(-)EDIT STATIC(-)EDIT}, it then uses the enumchildwindows callback to send a message to each EDIT to add style ES_UPPERCASE!!

Saw a post you made somewhere here about doing something like this for another project.

Many tanks!
jetgeek

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 14:49

Sorry, my comment about the custom action applies to Basic MSI projects. In a InstallScript MSI you might be able to modify the type of the edit field, or do the conversion in the script.

jetgeek

jetgeek
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 15:51

Stefan,

No, actually, I am talking about a CUSTOM DLL call. It works like a champ! biggrin.gif

We call it on the NEXT button of the dialog BEFORE the serialnumber customerinformation screen, and it "sniffs" for this window. Once it finds it, and determines that the "pattern" matches, it uses the cedit class and WAMO, UPPERCASE, ala c++. Also, we call

We gots a free lunch from our bosses.... cool.gif They said MSI can't do stuff like launch EXEs, autotab (other post on using ^^^^-^^^^-^^^^, very nice), and uppercase. Viola! Done.

Tanks again,
jetgeek