This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Launch exe in the SourceDir on click of a button

2 replies to this topic

hemanthyours

hemanthyours
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 15:21

I am using custom action type 50 to launch an exe in the source dir. In the custom action table the Source is set to a key in the property table which holds the string "[SourceDir]MyExe.exe" and in the Target i was passing parameters [EDITA1][EDITA2].
When i run the msi and click on the button its giving an error that a program is reuqired.
If im hotcoding the [SourceDir] path its working well. I had set the standard action ResolveSource after CostInitialize action in the InstallExecuteSequence table, but even then it was unable to resolve the [SourceDir] in the value column of the property table.
But i was able to see [SourceDir] path when i assign it to a Edit control.

Can anyone please help me in this or if any of you guys have a sample of how to launch an exe from sourcedir please send me.

Thank you very much in advance

Hemanth Kumar Gunnam
hemanthyours@gmail.com

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 19:39

For a type 50 custom action, the Source column must be the name of a property (without []) and that property must contain the full path to the executable file. So you could add a type 51 action to assemble the path and store it in a property, and reference this property in the Source column.

hemanthyours

hemanthyours
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:49

Thank you very much stefan i achieved what i want.