This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ComponentRemoveAll doesnt delete all files

2 replies to this topic

harishv

harishv
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 00:19

Hi Folks,

I moved from IS 5.5 to 6.1 & had to rewrite the script to get it to install!! But, I have problems with uninstallation NOW!! Earlier, I had no problem with 5.5 as it completely deleted all files/folders/icons/registry entries!! But, now i dont completely understand how to achieve the same here?

Best Regards
HV

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 03:11

I wouldn't have expected that you would have to re-write the install with such a move as I've done the same thing before without requiring a re-write.

First off though, are you still using a program-based script or did you switch to an event-based script to make use of maintenance mode. In other words, do you still have a program() method to control the flow of execution. Answer me this, and we'll take it from there.
user posted image

harishv

harishv
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 00:06

Hi Taco,

i had initially started with a new script & had several problems with that. hence i decided to use the upgarde to 6.1 option in the IDE & with some minor tweaks, i am able to come back to alive!!

the reason i had to move to 6.1 was that it provided the "Export Batch File" option within the IDE itself & it actually works (compared to 5.5)!! further, i dont need a custom dll now during uninstall since it calls OnMaintUIBefore() & i can easily handle everything there.

finally, i have a question. the current setup program installs just some exe & dll files. i need to upgrade this to install/uninstall a driver (.sys) file as well. where can i get some info (examples are better) on this?

best regards
HV