This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

No Files Installed

3 replies to this topic

Derek

Derek
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2002 - 21:51

I am unexperienced with InstallShield but was given a task to create an Installation for a VB project.  I created the installation using the VB Wizard and then did some customization (create directories, add files, etc.).  When I get to ComponentMoveData(), nothing is transferred, nothing gets created in the Start menu, but a Program Files directory is created with no files and there's an uninstall listing in the Add/Remove applet..

I know this is an extremely generally question, but does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this?  I have a feeling it's very simple, but it's getting old!

Thanks in advance!
Derek

masoomjanwar

masoomjanwar
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2002 - 20:54

Hi Derek
You need to follow these steps:
1>Within components you need to create the folder structure.
2> Within File Groups tab, just retain the  Program Executable Files folder. Expand the node and right click on 'Static File Links' and add files.
It will create the directory/sub directories as defined by you. In case you want to provide a link in  Start -> Programs->App Name, do this:
Go to Program Manager Shell right click and add new group. Within that right click and add new icon.  Within the right frame in the table, add App Name as description, command line as <TargetVar>
and Working Directory as <TargetDir>.
Compile and try running..

-MJ

PS: Forgive my chalta hai english.....time pressure..

Brij

Brij
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 February 2002 - 17:34

Make sure that some components are selected before you move any data

Derek

Derek
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2002 - 13:59

Yup - I forgot to select something...