This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MERGE MODULES

3 replies to this topic

gallicox

gallicox
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:08

It's the first time that I use merge modules.

I developed a merge module that copies several files and launches two EXE files.
Those EXE files need as input the destination directory of the files.

Now I'm developing a MSI installation pack with InstallShield DevStudio9... I open the Redistributables View, I select the Properties of my .MSM ... and then?

In the "Configurable Values" tab I modified "New Destination Folder" using TARGETDIR,INSTALLDIR,.... but my merge module continues to be installed in
"C:\"
I suppose there is something about merge modules that I still don't understand.
Is there anybody who can help me.

Thanks in advance
blink.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

pmunsey

pmunsey
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:30

Did you ever get an answer for this? I'm just beginning to play with merge modules and am getting those files installed in C:

HermioneJJ

HermioneJJ
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 10:17

check your merge modules :
1、make sure the INSTALLDIR in
General Information >> Merge Module Properties is [TARGETDIR]
2、make sure the Files and Folders you want to copy is under the folder [INSTALLDIR]

check your main install *.ism file which contain the merge modules :
right-click the merge module and choose Properties,make sure the Destination is [INSTALLDIR]

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:33

Make sure that your Merge Module contains a value in the Directory table like INSTALLDIR.<guid>

Then when this merge module is merged into the main msi, you this value will need to be in the directory table so the msi sets the above path correctly.