This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

The Wizard was interrupted before...

3 replies to this topic

overlordchin

overlordchin
  • Full Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 15:45

I have an install shield 2009 project that fails as soon as you click on the first next. It says the wizard was interrupted before the installer could complete and only allows you to click finish. The odd thing is I did a build on the 25th of it that works all the way through. No changes were made to the project between then and now. Rebuilding the release results in the wizard was interrupted message. I suppose it is possible I clicked on something inadvertently and did not realize it. Any thoughts on what can cause this behavior?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:46

Check the event log and/or create an install log (http://www.msifaq.com/a/1022.htm) to get more details about the error.

vPanchumarthi

vPanchumarthi
  • Full Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 13:02

Hi,

Can you check the Release wizard settings?

Also if you mapped any external vb file or any dll component to install project, can you check whether all those external files\dlls are availble at respective locations while you are creating setup?

overlordchin

overlordchin
  • Full Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:15

So the problem was that the install ui process had a step that referred to a non existent custom action. I removed it and it's corresponding conditional and it started working after that. Thanks for the tips.