This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

One-Click install under Netscape and firefox brows

4 replies to this topic

InstallDev

InstallDev
  • Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 19:09

Hi,

I have got problems with installshield 11.0 installscript one-click Install under Netscape and firefox browsers.

I have checked the netscape support in the release wizard and everything works fine with JRE 1.4.1 installed on the machine, but If I upgrade the JVM to any thing from 1.4.2 and up including (1.5 build 6). The installation fails to start. It just stuck in an infinite loop. no errors in java console, no setup.

Does any one know if there is any workaround for this problem?
Can any one at least confirm this problem on Installshield 11? I want to know if it is only me not knowing how to do it or is it an installshield bug? I gave up from installshield ppl

Thank you vey much

InstallDev

InstallDev
  • Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 16:26

Hi Stefan,

Do you have any idea about this issue?

Thank you very much

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 20:41

I think there was a similar question at http://community.installshield.com a few days ago, and some workarounds were suggested there.

InstallDev

InstallDev
  • Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 17:37

Hi,
That was me who asked the question in the installshield community website:

http://community.ins...ad.php?t=155929

But Unfortunately no one answered me.

Thanks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 18:07

No, that's not the thread I had in mind. Let me see if I can find it...

Oh well, I have to apologize. The Firefox discussion I had in mind was about Microsoft's ClickOnce technology, not InstallShield's OneClick (very unfortunate naming by Microsoft IMHO). Sorry about that.

Unfortuantely I don't have a solution for you.