This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall after Update

6 replies to this topic

Jörg Schneider

Jörg Schneider
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 12:21

Hallo together,

I yust tested a deinstallation of a program which I updateted before. I see that the new file from the update are not deleted.

1.) I installed product x
2.) I updated product x. The files a,b and c are new.
3.) I uninstall pproduct x. All files are deleted, only a,b and c are not deleted.

Is it the normal behavior of uninstalling or did I some mistake in my setup?

Thank you

Jörg Schneider

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 11:19

That doesn't look right. If your authoring tool supports this, validate your update.
Also generate a log file to see why the files don't get deleted.

Jörg Schneider

Jörg Schneider
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 14:42

Thank you for your anwer,

I think it´s of cause that I does´nt change the update-code. I must generate setup with IsCmdBld.exe. How can I change the Update-Code without the IDE?

Thank you

Jörg Schneider

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 09:58

You don't have to change the upgrade code, only the package code. And that should happen automatically (if you selected this option for your release configuration)

Jörg Schneider

Jörg Schneider
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 11:41

Sorry that I write so late, I think I must describe the hole situation:

I try to make an installation that should work for more than one version of our product. It should be posible to patch (2.21 Build D1010 to 2.21 Build D1012) and update (2.21 -> 2.22). I try to use a batch to generate the setup and after that the ProduchtVersion-Property (example: 2.21.D1010) is set by a short vbs. The release configuration ist set up one time by IDE. Isn´t it possible to change the PackageCode without IDE.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 03:06

Jörg, unfortunately I am not sure I follow exactly what you are doing. It somehow sounds as if you are using a mixture of majore and minor updates. Some questions:

1: After installing the second time, are there more than 1 entry in add/remove products. If you see more than 2 entries, then your two products are installed as "separate products".
2: What changes in your installation package for each build? Version number, product code, upgrade code, package code?
3: In your last post it sounds as if you are using patches? Are you delivering the setup as a patch?
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Jörg Schneider

Jörg Schneider
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 08:31

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

1.) I see only one Product in add/remove

2.)
Version number = change by vbs
product code = not changed
upgrade code = not changed
package code = not changed

3.) I use normal setup and not patch. I think this is controlled by the version number?

You see, I not shure what I´m doing.

Jörg Schneider