This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

copying files with same names under different comp

3 replies to this topic

margrat

margrat
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 07:08

i  have 3 components

comp1 , comp2 , comp3

under these components i have same 3 files in all components
abc.dll
pqr.dll
xyz.dll
& these components to be installed depending on the operating system & i have specified this option under component operating System.I am not facing problem here.
But the problem is when the files are extracted i think it is overwriting & the files copied are not what i expected.
My Release Wizard Build option is Web & Web Type is One Executable.
I have specied the Source Location Property under Components.
My doubt is Under this Release Wizard option, is Source Location Property counted or not.
If not how to come across this problem of copying files with same names & i want the same Release Wizard Build option asWeb & Web Type should be One Executable.

Thanks in advance

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 12:00

Does it work properly if you do a CD-ROM or Network build with all files UNcompressed?

margrat

margrat
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 September 2002 - 04:24

if the relase wizard build is Network image & the option is UNCompressed it works properly

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 September 2002 - 06:44

So at least as a workaround you could use this type, and package the resulting contents of the disk1 folder with PackageForTheWeb (included on your InstallShield CD)