This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

install SQLDMO

3 replies to this topic

Augusto

Augusto
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 February 2002 - 15:50

I need to browse MSDE instances on the network and display the findings on a combo box. To do so, I need to have SQLDMO installed on the target machine. I have had problems doing so, when starting an msi installation from a CA during the UI. Is there any way to from the setup.exe launch an msi before the main one (if certain condition is met)

Thanks very much for your help

aglenwright

aglenwright
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 February 2002 - 23:54

What problems are you having?

Augusto

Augusto
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 February 2002 - 09:39

I added the CA that launches a second msi before displaying any of my dialogs before CostFinalize (that its triggered on the NExt button of one of my Dialogs). The install returns an error when I run it.

eugene

eugene
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2002 - 00:21

As an alternative to DMO, I avoided the DMO installation issue by using the WNet functions to enumerate the servers on the network and then used ServerGetInfo() to retrieve the server types.  The server type contains a flag for SQL servers.  The only issue with this is that it doesn't find SQL servers running on Win95 machines.  For some reason the flag isn't set in their server type information.