This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Redeploy software with InstallShield 10.5

1 reply to this topic

klei

klei
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 19:51

Hi, I am new with InstallShield 10.5. I want to wrap a software (ex: MS Outlook 2003) and call the Outlook "setup.exe" file to start the installation once the user inputs the license key (ie: generates by the script) correctly. My questions are:

1- Should I choose the Basic MSI Project or InstallScript MSI Project?

2- Do I have to call the LaunchApp function in the script to run the setup.exe file or there has a property to do that.

3- If I pack the software (ex: MS Outlook 2003) to a CDROM with InstallShield, does it need temporary disk space to unpack it from the CDROM before run setup?

Thanks.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 20:39

If I understand correctly you want to put a "serial number wrapper" around the Outlook setup from Microsoft?
The Outlook setup is a Windows Installer (MSI) based setup. There are some limitations running two MSI setups at the same time. In addition, it would be easy for a MSI-knowledgable person to remove the serial number check from a MSI setup. Therefore your best setup type might be InstallScript (without MSI). Or simply use some self extracting packager that supports password protection.