This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

COM setting not being extracted

2 replies to this topic

ConfigControl

ConfigControl
  • Full Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 21:42

I have a exe COM file and when I add the file using the Component Wizard the Advanced Settings/COM Registration settings are blank. I am using DevStudio v9 Sp1. I did this with the old v2.03 wizard and it extracts the settings just fine. Is there something new in DevStudio 9 or something I need to do to get it to extract the settings? Anyone else run into this issue?
ConfigControl

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 04:00

I don't have Installshield Developer here so I can't check, but there should be an "Exctract COM info" checkbox in the wizard. You need to check it to have the COM data extracted of course. If the box is checked and it still does not work my guess would be that a file the COM component is dependent on is not accessible. Try using dependency walker, look for dependencies to files that are note standard OS files. When you see such a file copy it to the same folder as the COM file and try to extract again.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

ConfigControl

ConfigControl
  • Full Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 12:40

I found a file with the dependency walker that I put in the same folder and it extracted the COM settings.

Thanks.
ConfigControl