This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Edit Field Painting

2 replies to this topic

Blake Miller Wonder

Blake Miller Wonder
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 November 2001 - 19:29

We have a dialog very similar to SDStartCopy, except that the 'Next' button is replaced with one that says 'Retry'.  The dialog template is virtually identical except for the button text being different.  A custom script almost identical to SDStartcopy is used, except that it loads our custom dialog template.  When the user scrolls the text from the StringList up and down in the edit field, the text blurs and overwrites itself.  If I cover and then uncover the window, forcing a full repaint, then everything is okay.  Has anyone else seen this problem and found a way to work around it?  It seems to be an internal InstallShield background erasing or window painting problem in the edit field to me.

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 27 November 2001 - 20:16

Here is a crappy workaround...  You know when the instance you are describing occurs, so when they use the scroll (or whatever), use sendmessage after getting the window handle and send a maximize message.  This might work but if it doesn't then you would have to send the minimize msg, then maximize.  You will get a blink this way.

Maybe there is a repaint api that you can call on the window handle.

Blake Miller Wonder

Blake Miller Wonder
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 November 2001 - 17:11

I was not aware that I can receive WM_HSCROLL and WM_VSCROLL notification messages for a control within the dialog handler of an InstallShield script.  Could you please describe how this might be done within InstallScript?  Sure, if this were a C++ coded window I created I would not be having this problem right now, but it is not.