This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

define condition based on version of Win Installer

1 reply to this topic

TAL

TAL
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 April 2002 - 15:10

Hi,
What I would like to do is the following:
I have several new Components, and as far as I know it is not possible to add new components to an existing features.
in our installation we run a sort of repair, with REINSTALL=ALL, and REINSTALLMODE=vomus
so due to that, in versions less then 1.5 this option does not work so good. what i would like to do is to display an error message based on the Windows Installer Version on the user's machine.
so, for instance, if the person that wishes to install has a version less then 1.5, then he should get an error message.

problem is that when defining conditions, it is not possible to use floating points, so I can not based my condition according to something like "VersionMsi<1.5" or something.

any suggestion of a different way of doing that?. I mean getting the Installer Version, and defining a condition based on that?.

Thanks.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 April 2002 - 20:17

I don't know from the top of my head if there's a built in property that holds the installer runtime version and can be checked in a condition.

In general you could use AppSearch, DrLocator and Signature tables to check the version of msi.dll.

An easy solution would be to set the schema of your database to 200. Thus MSI will refuse to execute it if the MSI version is < 2.0