This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Unable to install feature conditionally.

2 replies to this topic

sareeta

sareeta
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 11:51

Hi,

I am Unable to install feature conditionally in maintenance mode.

I have the following scenario:

Installer supports Two models say A and B.
Two features, say FA and FB, associated for two models A and B respectively.

I have the Installer INSTALLLEVEL property set to 100 (default) and INSTALLLEVEL of the features FA and FB set to 0 (default) respectively.

Condtions provided for Feature FA:
INSTALLLEVEL= 0 Version9X
INSTALLLEVEL= 100 Model=A
INSTALLLEVEL= 140 Model<>A

Condtions provided for Feature FB:
INSTALLLEVEL= 0 Version9X
INSTALLLEVEL= 130 Model=B
INSTALLLEVEL= 150 Model<>B

And set the Installer INSTALLLEVEL property to 100 if Model A is selected and INSTALLLEVEL property to 130 if Model B is selected in a custom action and call the CostFinalize after that.

Requirement : To view the respective feature alone, on selection of a particular model, in Custom_Setup dialog.

In first time installation, the features are properly displayed based on the model selection. i.e. if Model A is selected feature FA is displayed and not feature FB.
But in in maintenance mode, if model B is selected then the first time selected features are again selected and not the new feature FB associated for Model B.

Please let me know if something can be done to support this scenario.

Regards,
Sareeta

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 08:20

I'm not sure if I understand your question:

If you want to be able to select FB without selecting FA, do not use InstallLevels and feature conditions. Instead, use the control events ADDLOCAL, REMOVE, and possible ADDSOURCE and ADVERTIZE. (Note that it's not possible to hide a feature from that way)

If you want the maintenance to ignore feature conditions, change the conditions to read: NOT Installed AND (Model = XYZ)

Hope this helps

sareeta

sareeta
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 04:24

Hi Zweitze,

Your suggestion of using control events really helped me ..

Thanks a lot..

Regards,
Sareeta