This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

localised productname & shortcut name

1 reply to this topic

agustina_s

agustina_s
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 16:48

Hi

Is it possible to create different ProductName, ShortcutName for different language in installer?

I have an installer built for 10 languages.

I want to create different product name in the installer dialog and all the shortcut based on the language.

I know that it is not possible to change the [ProductName] variable to a string table value.

I tried using a new variable ##STRING_PRODUCT## to keep the product name in different languages.
And the using the direct editor, I changed all the dialog title to this ##STRING_PRODUCT##.

However instead of changing the title to the product name, it will show ##STRING_PRODUCT## instead.

The same thing happens to shortcut name.

Is there any way to do this in InstallShield.
Is it possible to do this?
Thanks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 09:47

You don't have to use the [ProductName] property on dialogs. You could use a localized text instead, e.g. replace [ProductName] with [ProductNameLoc] or hard code the product name in the localized dialog texts (they are all in the string table).
If you don't build multi-language setups, but different language releases (one per language) from your project, you can override the ProductName in the release settings.

Shortcut display names are taken from the string table by default so it shouldn't be a problem to localize them.