This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

cannot launch Executables via installscript

3 replies to this topic

syedtausif

syedtausif
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:16

Hi,
I have created a InstallScript MSI Project in which i'm trying to Launch few executable files during setup installation, the executable name is Sql-connect.exe and Sql-win32.exe, but these two files are overlapping each other while executing, i'm not able to Launch these two executables one after the other even after using the command "LaunchAppAndWait", Please help me on this.. please tel me how to execute these two executables one after the other.

Thanks & Regards,
Syed Tausif Akram.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:20

Did you set the LAAW options properly?
Please contact the manufacturer of the two executables to find out which command line options they support and if maybe they are stubs which launch some other program (and immediately terminate).

syedtausif

syedtausif
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:05

Hi,
I have another question, so far i have launched only files with the extension *.exe using the LAAW option, can we also Launch the files with extension *.msi?, because i have tried initiating *.msi files with my setup installation but it does not come up. could you please tel why how can we launch a *.msi file in our installshied project?

Thanks & Regards,
Syed Tausif Akram.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 16:06

In general, to install an msi file, you run msiexec.exe (command line options are documented in help). You might experience problems however when trying to run two msi setup at the same time (and your main setup is a msi setup, too)