This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Multi-language setups do not run on Windows 2003

3 replies to this topic

Christoph

Christoph
  • Full Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:11

When I create a setup with multiple languages, and run it on Windows 2003, I always get the error:

Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid.

The reason is the TransformsSecure policy, when it is enabled it states that only unsecure transforms are not allowed. In Windows 2003 Server it is by default enabled.
In InstallShield 11, multi-language installs are -indeed- implemented by transforms. Unfortunately Setup.exe applies them in an unsecure way.

My questions:
Is there any combination of Release settings, where multi-language setups are implemented as embedded transforms?
If not, how can I adapt Setup.exe so that it applies transforms in a secure way?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 14:29

Selecting the Netowork/Compress all/no setup.exe options in release wizard shuold generate a single msi file.
This article about embedded language transforms might also be an option:
http://www.installsi...dlang/index.htm

mspa

mspa
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 15:19

I got the same problem with my installation, however the embedded language transforms are no option for me.

My installation needs multi-language support and needs a setup.exe to supply a method to choose the installation language. Is there any possible way to make a multi-language installation which can be installed on Windows 2003 Server?

This was working fine with IS9 and is now broken on IS11, so I presume this is a bug? Will it be fixed?

Christoph

Christoph
  • Full Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 15:24

We solved the problem by writing a setup.exe of our own.

The code for doing this, makes part of the Windows installer platform SDK. Have a look there to find more information.

IMPORTANT: All settings you made within the release pane, will be gone since this doesn't make part of your new setup.exe. You must take this into account.

Good luck.

PS: I hope Installshield will solve this issue. But knowing the reputation of Installshield, they will not release any patch but (maybe) fix it in a new product release where we need to pay again the full price. If we should do this with our software... dry.gif