This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installation of Database via Installshield..

6 replies to this topic

tasdvl9

tasdvl9
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 16:09

Hello,

I'm looking for advice on installing a Database using InstallShield while my other components are being installed as well.

The installation of the DB would be running in the background.  Ideally I would like to supply predetermined usernames and passwords so the user need not enter anything during installation.  Later, they could change their username and password if they so desire.

Thanks.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 13:27

InstallShield has built in support for some databases (like MS-SQL and others). Alternatively, launch whatever .exe your database needs to install (or to run some database script).

tasdvl9

tasdvl9
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 22:00

Hi,

Ideally I would like to run a batch file after my installation directories are created and the batch file is placed

within one of the folders.  I have to define a custom action but I'm just a bit confused how to do this when the .exe is

actually a batch file which will call an exe.  Would I specify Custom Action-> New Exe->path Referencing a directory or Installed with product?

I'll need to call cmd.exe so I'm sure this will need to be included in the path as well.

Any examples?

Thank you.

tasdvl9

tasdvl9
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:45

Hi ,

I'm actually trying to run a few .sql scripts at the end of my installation using a basic MSI project.

These are PostgreSQL scripts.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:37

Here's an explanation how you can run a batch file as a custom action: http://robertdickau....i_tips.html#bat

tasdvl9

tasdvl9
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 18:56

Is there a way to install a pre-requisite depending on whether the OS is 32 or 64 bit?

For example, if your prerequisite is a setup.exe for a database, how would the installer know to invoke the correct setup.exe for the OS you are targeting?

Thank you.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 18:43

Yes, you can specify conditions that must be met for the prerequisite to install. This can include the OS bitness. So you would create two prerequisites, one that runs on 32 bit Windows and one that runs on 64 bit.