This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Change custom dialog window position / coordinates

1 reply to this topic

nrlaing

nrlaing
  • Full Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 19:00

It always seems that whenever I have an InstallShield problem, 5 or 6 other people have had the same problem, but no one has posted a solution.

Here's my (professional) problem: I have a install that consists of a handful of custom dialogs. If the user moves one of the dialog boxes, then clicks next, the following dialog will jump back to the initial position.

Is there any way that I can capture the window position, save it, and set each dialog's position based on that? I know that PlaceWindow() won't work with custom dialogs. That leaves MoveWindow(), but I can't get that to work either.

Any suggestions?

nrlaing

nrlaing
  • Full Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 15:51

Going once... twice... ?

I found this post about using _WinSubGetWindowRect ( wWinHnd, nOX, nOY, nSX, nSY ); This function is declared in winsub.rul, but it looks like it was depreciated, since my version of winsub.rul doesn't contain anything. I found a version online that had function declarations, but I'm afraid that I'm wasting time now... Anyone? PLEASE?

http://forum.install...p?showtopic=290