This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Another version of this product already installed.

5 replies to this topic

sanjeevbishnoi

sanjeevbishnoi
  • Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 14:01

Hi ,

I have a basic msi installshield installer.first time i hv installed my application by this installer.

And release it as version 1.0.

Now i have second release i want to release 1.1.But when i run my setup it always show  Another version of this product already installed.

For this i have done some changes in GenralSettings:

1.ProductVersion:1.1

2. UpgradeCode (changed).

Can any one help me how can i proceed can i create a custom action that will first uninstall already installed version.

Then it start installing .

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 17:36

For a Major Upgrade you need to change the ProductCode and keep the Upgrade Code unchanged. You also need to add a Major Upgrade entry entry in Media -> Upgrades

sanjeevbishnoi

sanjeevbishnoi
  • Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:41

i can try this one it's working fine.But it creates a new entry for my application in Control panel.

can you please give me detail solution that will uninstall previous installed application and installed new version.

Edited by sanjeevbishnoi, 23 December 2013 - 11:48.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:22

This means that Windows Installer didn't remove the previous version. Double check your settings in Media -> Upgrades or check the log for the result of the Find Related Product action.

sanjeevbishnoi

sanjeevbishnoi
  • Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 15:29

This one is working thanxc alot.

But there is one minor issue i forget upgrade code of my previous installed application  because for R&D purpose i always change upgradeCode inplace of ProductCode.

Do you know how to find out upgradeCode of previous installed application  otherwise iin first case it always installed as a seprate entry in control panel.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:30

If you have a copy of the .msi file, open it in Direct Edit mode or with a tool like InstEd or Orca. The UpgradeCode is in the Property table.

If you don't have a copy, you need to find it in C:\Windows\Installer