This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Do not want users to access maintenance mode

6 replies to this topic

newport

newport
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 16:00

Hello, I want to remove maintenance mode all together and just run the normal install to overwrite the previous installation. Can someone help?

Thanks!
~Chris

Xitch13

Xitch13
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 16:07

I don't know if that's such a  good idea.  I would be highly upset if I loaded something onto my system that would not uninstall.  I don't want to lecture, but maybe you should rethink your ideas on this one.
There is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent. (Mao Tse Tung)

newport

newport
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 16:08

I found what I was lookinf for @

http://www.installsi.../AvoidMaint.htm

~Chris

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 17:47

Xitch13: Removing Maintenance mode doesn't mean you can't uninstall the product.  One still maintains an Add/Remove Program entry to accomplish that.  The main purpose is such that if you re-run the setup a 2nd time, you get the same dialogs that you would the 1st time.

Newport: For what it's worth, you'd already gotten that same answer in your previous post on the subject.

user posted image

Xitch13

Xitch13
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 17:54

I realize that, but the topic's subtitle was "...just reinstall, never remove".   That's what I was worried about.
There is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent. (Mao Tse Tung)

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 19:28

Xitch13: Yeah, I noticed that too, so your concern was duly noted.
user posted image

newport

newport
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 16:59

My fault on that one! I just wanted to prevent maint mode when running setup.exe.. I wanted the program to be removed from add/remove in the control panel,  which that artical showed me how to do.. Sorry for the confusion.

~Chris