This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How do I set Web Directory Permission

3 replies to this topic

TARH2O

TARH2O
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 16:24

n00b question - but I've just begun working with DevStudio 9 last week and I need to apply read/write permissions to a web directory that is under the IIS virtual directory

MyIISRoot (IIS Virtual Directory Application)
|____>BIN (just a simple web directory that needs R/W)

How do I go about accomplishing this? I've tried setting the permissions in the "Files and Folders" section but with no success. I've also looked through the archives here but did not find an answer.

Does NE1 know how to do this or if its even possible?

TIA -

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 20:32

Not sure that's what you mean but have you looked in the IIS view at the "Authenication Methods" setting?

TARH2O

TARH2O
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 20:50

Stefan -

Thanks for your reply. Actually its a sub directory that I'm interested in setting the permission on. Using the "Authenication Methods" setting only sets the permission methods for who can access (see) the web folder. I am more interested in the property "Write Access" - but for a sub folder of the root application directory.

Lets put this in simple terms - IIS has a "Default Web" that resolves to the "localhost" on the host machine. Under this "Default Web" there is a directory called "images" that is just a folder and nothing more (no application settings or anything - its just a folder). Now I want to control the "Write Access" to the "images" folder without regard for the "Default Web" folder. How would I do that?

Thanks for your input.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 22:01

You should be able to configure write access via the local machine (not web access) using the LockPermissions table, or in Dev9 by setting the permissions in the component that targets this directory. I haven't tried this in conjunction with IIS but I don't see why it would fail?